6 Chicken Breast Fillets
1 onion sliced
a handful of celery leaves (added a link because I've never cooked with them before)
2 tblspn | 30ml Mango Chutney
2 tblspn | 30ml Tomato Chutney (this is optional, if you leave it out put in an extra spoon of mango and of honey)
2 dessert spns | 20ml honey
2 dessert spns | 20ml curry according to taste
a dash of Worcester Sauce
5oz | 140g | 5/6 cup Double Cream (heavy cream)
10 oz | 283g | ~1.25 cups Mayonnaise
1 glass (3-4 floz) sweet sherry (adjust taste)
The base of the sauce can be made up days in advance.
- Liquidise the chutney(ies), honey, curry and Worcester sauce.
- Cook gently for 15 mins.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Poach the chicken breasts with the onion and the celery leaves.
- Leave in the water too cool (remains very moist).
- Take out the onion and leaves.
- When cool slice into bite sized pieces.
- When ready to make up add the cream, mayonnaise and sherry to the sauce base and mix together.
- Fold in the chicken a day or night before you need it and leave in the fridge to marinate.
If you want you can add sultanas or chopped apricots to the mix when you add the chicken, and toasted almonds for a crunch when you are ready to serve. Works well as a salad dish, a sandwich filler or as a side dish.
This entry was originally posted at http://beren-writes.dreamwidth.org/210680.html.