Thank you so much to dracavia and dacro for the pandas, they are lovely. *hugs*
So, to the recipe. Ever had a cheesecake that just won't set and goes blurgh all over the plate when you take it out of the fridge? Never gonna happen with this recipe :). It is my MIL's recipe and it is not only incredibly easy, it is amazingly tasty as well. I've just made one and popped it in the fridge :).
18 digestive biscuits (cookies) ~300g (for my US friends, use whatever cookie base you'd normally use for a cheesecake)
3oz | 85g | 3/8 cup | 3/4 stick butter
16oz | 454g | ~2 cups Philadelphia (cream cheese) (chocolate Philadelphia makes an amazing change up as well)
10oz | 283g | ~1.25 cups Greek Yoghurt
2 tblsp caster sugar (fine sugar)
1 jelly (Jello) (135g) - any flavour you like :)
2 tblsp cold water
juice of one med orange
- Crush the biscuits. The quickest way of doing this is in a food processor, or if you're feeling like taking out some aggression, put them in a bag and bash the hell out of them with a rolling pin :).
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a pan over a low heat.
- Mix the two then press into a deep 9inch spring form cake tin (this makes it much easier to get out later). Put the tin in the freezer for half an hour so the base forms up nicely.
- Mix the cream cheeese with the greek yoghurt, the sugar and the juice until smooth.
- Melt the jelly in the microwave with the two table spoons of water (it takes about 30s on max).
- Add the jelly to the mixture.
- Pour onto the base and pop in the fridge for at least four hours (if you don't have that long putting it in the freezer will help it set, but make sure you don't freeze it).
This entry was originally posted at http://beren-writes.dreamwidth.org/209738.html.