I was looking for a non-choccie option and came up with this.
Raspberry and Custard Bites
- 3 standard packets custard cream biscuits (I used Morrisons value ones and it's one packet of the three pack or one and a half of the two pack).
- 2 packets marshmallows (400g)
- 40g butter
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam (I used Morrisons value again :))
Method (for Highlander fans ... almost posted this with Methos instead of Method ;))
- Put the custard creams in a food processor and blitz until fine.
- Take a small shallow baking tray (11x7x1inch is the size I used) and line with foil, shiny side in.
- Put the marshmallows and butter in a microwave proof dish and microwave on full power for between 1.30 and 2 mins.
- Pour the biscuit crumbs into the melted marshmallow mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Press half of the mixture into the base of the lined tin.
- Microwave the jam so that it is easily spreadable.
- Spread the mixture in the tin with the jam.
- Top with the rest of the marshmallow mixture and press down.
- Put in the fridge for about ten mins until cold.
- Turn out onto a board and peel off the foil, then cut into bite size pieces (I tend to get about 40ish out of the recipe).
- Eat ;)
I am taking them to church for Mothering Sunday coffee after the service so I have put them in paper bun cases and that's probably the easiest way to stop them sticking together in a tin.
They'll keep for about two to three days in an air tight tin.