- Sun, 18:31: RT @PhilipSmithEu: Check out Keep Off This Grass by @Lordmaity https://t.co/ZbtYnZtgDD #mystery #ebook https://t.co/2V4IvUNQ08
- Mon, 07:49: RT @jellyf68: An updated, comprehensive #bookreviewer list @bookrevieweryp: https://t.co/9pPMvpYWZ2 #getpublished #authorpromo #selfpub #IA…
- Mon, 09:16: RT @PhilipSmithEu: Check out The Song of the Cypress by Tonia Parronchi https://t.co/OGX4fsfiWD #contemporary https://t.co/SRvVwLIjUI
- Mon, 10:14: Tasha's Thinkings: The 5 Stages of #Writing https://t.co/8iA8BsJ1TS
- Mon, 11:13: RT @DIYauthor: How those who liked your author page can continue to receive notifications https://t.co/xhGcoYNW0U #promo
- Mon, 11:33: Just opened my water bottle and threw water all down my front - wondering if trying to use actual gym equipment is a good idea ;)
Happy Birthday to:
27th: fyredancer/fyredancer, dramaphile
29th: koyappi,argylepiratewd, eyoko
30th: lksnarry1,jadehunter, terrayndian/terrayndian, moniquemo,wolfangeldeathtxrabbit
I hope you all have great birthdays and Many Happy Returns to every one of you.
Okay, so I mentioned Sumac briefly the other day when I spoke about making Chicken Shawarma and now I have come back to speak some more about it, because it tastes wonderful and I've been reading up on it.
Apparently it's really good for you too.
I had never heard of it until last week and now I am telling everyone I know how wonderful it is. There's even one study that suggests it has properties that help control type 2 diabetes, but they're still on going.
About all else it tastes lovely and is wonderful in yoghurt with mint. It has a lemony zesty flavour, but with something else as well and without all the hassle of trying to zest a lemon and leave behind all the pith :). It is a middle eastern ingredient so middle eastern super markets will have it, and so does Amazon, at least in the UK. Oh yes and in the US - just search for sumac :)
It's one of the main spices in za'atar, a mixture of thyme, sesame seeds and sumac in equal amounts.
Do you use sumac? What is your favourite recipe?
This entry was originally posted at http://beren-writes.dreamwidth.org/352113.html.