I think the hardest part is finishing.
I have so many ideas it's sometimes hard to pin a single one down. I have 16 beginnings in my Oneshot folder alone and they don't get in there until they are at least fully formed as ideas with a good percentage written. To give you a comparison, my Concepts folder has 46 subfolders at the moment, all with the start of things. On top of that there is my series folder, which I'm just not going into.
However, in the same vein as my little alarms on my computer that tell me what to do when (which are working really well, actually), I have decided to make a list of goals for this month. And to make sure I don't cheat, I am posting it here :).
- Finish the first draft of my new novel - Ellie Grange and the Mythical Space Diamond (yes the title is supposed to be somewhat tongue in cheek :)) - I expect to do this today or tomorrow since there are only a few scenes left to go.
- Write at least 3 new short stories
- the second fairy tale one
- a sci-fi one to sub to magazines
- another one that I haven't decided on yet :)
- Finish at least the first 5 chapters of Defence, Pretence, Offence (the sequel to Gold Tinted Spectacles), so they can be published, which will in turn force me to actually finish the rest of it - since it's mostly the beginning which isn't done, this shouldn't be too hard.
- Continue to post on LJ and my blog Tasha's Thinkings at least three times a week, daily if possible.
Posted in other places
- 10 Free Software Packages I Cannot Live Without - #TipsTuesdays 31
- Why the Unseen Monster is Often Scarier than the Seen One - #MonsterMondays 38
This entry was originally posted at http://beren-writes.dreamwidth.org/347284.html.